When you want to give a pasalubong to your friends or colleagues no need to go out. Because you can really make this at home. I will assure you that this is fluffy, soft and delicious.
1 Cup Cake Flour (Sifted)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
6 tbsp white sugar
¼ cup canola oil
4 large egg yolks at room temperature
1/3 cup milk or water
1 tsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon, orange or kalamansi extract (whichever you prefer)
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
6 tablespoons white sugar
(D) This can be used on top of the cake after baking.
1 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp of melted butter
Cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius (350 ). and grease the muffin molder or line with the muffin cup.
2. In a large bowl, combine all (A) ingredients that is listed above.
3. In a mixing bowl beat (B) ingredients using electric mixer or by hand, Add in (A) mixture until smooth and well blended.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, beat (C) ingredients on high speed until frothy. Gradually add in the sugar and beat until stiff peak are formed. Gradually and gently fold in egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
5. Distribute the cake batter evenly into your preferred muffin pan. Give it a gentle shake and tap to remove air bubbles and to level off the batter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until top are golden brown or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
7.While still warm, brush the tops with melted butter. This will allow the cakes to absorb some of the butter thus giving it more flavour. Finish off by sprinkling some granulated sugar and cheese on the top.
Happy Baking! Enjoy!