Another recipe that I love. Chewy bar with a fudgy filling. This is a perfect partner for hot coffee.
Yield: 9×13″ Baking Pan
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook: 35 minutes
1 Cup Butter at room temperature
2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Whole Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
3 Cup Oats (Quick Cooking oats)
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
260 grams Semisweet Chocolate
190 grams Sweetened condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts
1 Tsp Butter
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Creaming Method. In a large mixing bowl, beat together 1 cup butter and brown sugar until fluffy Add Egg one at a time then add vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl,combine oats,flour,baking soda and 1 tsp of salt.Stir into butter mixture.Mix thoroughly until all incorporated.
4. In a saucepan, mix the chocolate,condensed milk,1 tsp butter and 1 tsp salt.stirring continuously over low heat until become smooth, Stir in Nuts and vanilla.Remove from heat.
5. In a prepared pan, Pat the 2/3 of oat mixture as base.Spread the chocolate mixture evenly on top of the oat mixture then dot with the remaining oat mixture on top.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated oven. Let it cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars.